Site Map

Contact Us

November 1, 2015

Hull No. 6 Arrives in USA

Bill Darnell's F-22 has now arrived in Phoenix, Arizona, and Bill writes:

Ian thank you for such a wonderful boat! It arrived perfect. Hats off to the packing job!

For some reason I could not get a truck that could sit the container on the ground, so it was a
little more difficult to unload. I had to get a fork lift to lift it out of the container. I used a dolly
for the rear of the trailer to roll it out far enough so the fork lift could lift the entire boat. After
the boat was lifted, I had the semi truck pull forward and then lowered the boat. It was a tense
moment. But everything ended up fine, without a scratch!

From opening the doors to the semi truck to putting the floats on, and sitting in the drive way
it took 2.5 hours. It went together very easy when you follow the very detailed information that
you provided.

Thanks again
Bill Darnell

Trailer wheels now outside to where forklift can lift at the natural balance point. A drawing is included
with the F-22 Assembly Book showing how to do this for when container cannot be put on ground.
Side lift trucks (as shown further below) are a New Zealand invention and are not yet available world
wide. However, still no problem to unload even from up in the air. Just a forklift needed.

Float and beam assembly - a much easier lift.

and now assembled in the driveway!

And Now Launched:

Bill writes:


After getting a little time away from work I was finally able to get my boat in the water. It is everything that I had hoped for. It had been awhile since I had been sailing but it slowly came back to me. I could not keep the smile off of my face. The wind was a little light about 5-7 knots, but that was OK. I was very nervous, so the light wind was a blessing. I was amazed at how little wind would really make the boat take off. It seemed that every little puff that hit the boat, it would just move forward with it. The helm was so light I could just let go and it would just stay there till I moved it again. I also was amazed at how bright all of the navigation lights were for being LED's.

I arrived on Friday about noon. I was hoping to get in the water in about an hour after arriving, but that turned out to be impossible. By the time I was done talking to everyone that stopped by, 2 1/2 hours had gone by. My friend Jim, who came along with me, had never sailed before but was eager to learn. He could not believe all the people that were stopping by to ask questions. Everything went together very well. I had put up the mast at home only once before. I have to say that raising the mast on an F-22 is easier then when I had my Nacra 5.2. It was steady as a rock.

I did spend the night on the boat, and was going to sleep in the cabin but the night was just to nice, so I slept out on the trampoline. Jim still slept in the cabin. He said there was a lot of room even tho he is a big guy. He said there is plenty of room for my wife and I in the cabin when she comes out next weekend. We did bring out a lot of stuff for the first time thinking we would need it and of course we didn't. We will leave most of it at home next time.

I just want to say thank you very much for such a great little boat.


F-22 226
Pau hana

Near sunset on the lake

Back to Latest News Page