Ja Whan Jung launched his F-32AX in South Korea late last year, and writes:
Now I can report my F-32AX sailing results to you. Currently my recorded top speed is 20.5 knots (three times), recorded by garmin handheld GPS. First time:
- true wind speed : 12m/s (24 knots)
- maxium speed : 20.5 knots (recorded with surfing about 5 minutes)
- I sailed over 18 knots about 1 hour
- full main and jib
- wave : 3 5 feet
- cockpit is drier than my expectation.
- rudder stalled once, and I could recover rudder control immediately when moved rudder to the center position. So I am now interested in new high aspect ratio rudder.
Because of a shipping problem, main sail batten is too soft. so camber of upper main sail is not good.
If I can fix this problem, I can record a higher max speed.
I don’t have a video of when I recorded over 20 knots (because I didn’t have the camara), But here are a two movie files of when I sailed at other times.